Dear Families of Seniors and Class of 2021,
We are very excited to welcome our seniors to campus next week! The faculty and staff have been working incredibly hard to ensure a safe and smooth return for your child. We have 25 seniors returning to campus.
Here are a few reminders for Monday, October 26th, for those students who will be attending in person:
- Before coming to school, please make sure your child is healthy, not exhibiting signs of illness consistent with COVID, and has no fever. Their presence on campus is your confirmation that this well-check has been completed.
- If your student is scheduled to be on campus but cannot attend in person for a particular day, please call the school office to inform them of such absence and whether they will be attending remotely.
- Please have your student bring their lock. They will be using their lockers. (If their lock is missing, Mrs. Margelofsky can provide them with another one in Zeskind Hall)
- Please have your student wear their mask when they arrive on campus.They may also want to have an extra one or two in their bag or locker, just in case.
- Please have your student bring their computer and charger, and a set of headphones (noise-cancelling are preferred).
- Please have your student bring their water bottle (labeled with their name).
- Please try to arrive on campus between 8:30 and 8:45 (unless they have a zero hour class). Students should be dropped off at the curb in front of Zeskind Hall if they’re not driving themselves to school. In the quest to keep not only our students healthy, but all of the adults on campus as well, we are trying to limit the numbers of adults on campus, so we ask that adults stay in their cars.
- Students should be picked up at 3:30 (at the curb in front of Zeskind Hall) unless they are driving themselves home. At the end of the day, we ask that adults wait in their cars. Students will walk right out to the curb. We ask that all upper school students leave campus no later than 3:45pm.
- Students may bring snacks (optional).
- Students should bring all their class materials.
- Although we will be under a tent, students will be spending a lot of time outside. Please encourage the use of sunscreen and if they’d like, feel free to bring a jacket/sweater and a hat. On Monday, an umbrella may be needed!
- The schedule will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on campus. Wednesday is a remote learning day for deep cleaning.
- Seniors who have a free block at the beginning of the day and/or at the end of the day are encouraged to arrive for their first block class and/or leave campus early with parent permission by checking in or out in Zeskind Hall.
- Seniors should report to Ms. Ainza in Zeskind Hall at the beginning of any free blocks when they are on campus. They will then be permitted to work independently in the common areas while maintaining social distance.
- Seniors will be meeting as a class in the Science Courtyard at 11:25 on Monday. The purpose is to welcome them officially to their senior year and to ask them for their assistance as our campus leaders. All available US faculty will be in attendance as well.
Finally, we would all appreciate your speaking with your senior about the importance of keeping their mask on when asked (we will take mask breaks), staying socially distant, and the importance of washing their hands. We are going to work very hard to keep everyone as healthy as possible and are looking to our senior class to set a good example.
For those students who will be continuing to attend school remotely, the schedule should remain the same, in terms of when and how they have attended class to this point. We hope that the connections will be consistent with what they have been, but appreciate patience as we move into this new phase. We continue to welcome feedback about their experiences, to help us learn and improve.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either Michelle Borleske or me.
Julie A. Sherrill, Ph.D.
Head of School
The Gregory School
3231 North Craycroft Road
Tucson, Arizona 85712