The Gregory School seeks an experienced Spanish instructor for a part-time position. We seek a native speaker of Spanish or a speaker at advanced high/ superior level, according to the ACTFL proficiency guideline, and who has deep knowledge of Spanish-speaking cultures. The work is with both middle school and upper school students. We seek a dynamic instructor who communicates clearly with students, keeps students actively engaged in class, coaches writing and grammar concepts, and conveys enthusiasm about the language and the culture. The immediate opening is for beginning or intermediate level, but the instructor must be able to teach at any level. (degrees: Bachelor’s in the subject is required, masters is preferred)
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Teaching several sections of beginning or intermediate Spanish
• Working with students individually during daily tutorials
• Communicating with parents
• Working with other language teachers on department issues
• Working with other language teachers to engage students in cultural activities
• Fulfilling professional duties, such as keeping current on grading, attending parent-teacher conferences, etc.
If interested, please fill out an online application.